Natural hoof trimming, natural hoofcare and barefoot trimming are all terms used to describe a method of trimming that enables horses to be kept and ridden without shoes. There are many different styles of trim but they are mostly all based on the wild horse model.
- Improved blood flow which improves horse's overall health.
- Healthy, strong horn (hoof walls).
- Greater shock absorption so fewer concussion related injuries.
- Quicker heart rate recovery time after exercise.
- No more worrying about shoes coming off during a ride/event.
- Lower risk of injuries when playing in the field.
- Improved traction - nature designed the hoof so it can adapt to all terrains.
- Less tripping, stumbling and forging as horse can feel where it's feet are.